Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Week 13 Parties, Drama Best P days


Hello Everyone! :)

First... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!! :D Hope its the best 56th Birthday Ever!! 

This past week has been pretty sweet! But before I get to that, let me answer all your questions! :)

First off, if you are getting old because you are forgetting things to email, I must be ancient, because I forget it all the time, and then I realize after Pday is over that I forgot and then I have to try and remember ALL week! Ha crazy stuff! :) 

Vanessa got her Mission Call to Washington?! Man Matt is a Lucky kid... Now he has Elder Poulson and Sister Wilkonson! What is this?! 

That is crazy about the Missionaries! Super sad as well, that I could have seen them just a couple weeks ago... I am not sure who they were, so they weren't anyone close to me, but I will definitely keep their families in my prayers. I can asssure you that we aren't *TOO Crazy* here. We just like to feed the Poisonous spiders at night the bugs we catch... ;) Super fun! It is like how I use to throw the little berries on the bush across the street from the Jone's, on the way to church as a kid, to make the spiders come out of their little holes! But here? It is a Crazy experience! We have spiders here, but they are different. Their webs are made just into a hole, so kinda like on Lord of the Rings, and when a bug comes close to their hole, They come out and snatch em and take them back in their hole! They are pretty big as well! Its like the hand on Harry Potter two that he gets his hand stuck in! I will try and send a video one of these days, but we found out they are super posinuos so if you get bit, you have to go to the hostpital! So we are CAREFUL, we use tweezers to feed them the beatles and stuff! ;) But there is a HUGE one above our door! It is super Creepy and Super Cool! :)

Ummm before I forget! Will you get my both Sister Wilkonson's Emails, and also Sister Palmer in San Diego?? I don't know how Maddi spells her name, and I figured I would see how my cousin is doing up there! 

Thank you for sending Grandpa's testimony! Super excited to get that! Don't know when it will get here! Today, I got my first letter in the mail since I got to Chile, that was sent back on Aug 26th, so I guess we will see! The Mail strike and being so far from home doesn't help but it is slowly starting to pick up! Which is why I think it is so weird I got your package so fast! 

The Birthday was SUPER FUN! I found out that Chileans Love cake! So I had like 4 cakes... Monday night, we went with the family Gonzolus (no idea how to spell) but it was with Kata (thier daughters friend) who isn't a member who we have been teaching, so we gave a sweet lesson on the first vision, then had cake first, we had a RICH chocolate cherry filling cake, and also a cheese cake with Rasberries on top! SOOO GOOD! :) I LOVED the raspberry cake! Then the next day at lunch with Mamita, she had bought a super good cake! It has little chocolate balls on the inside, and we decided if you get one you are the lucky one, and I got one of the two! Woot woot! :) Then that night, we finished the cake from Monday night, and went over to the Delgado's to party and have MORE cake! So the reason I had cake on my face is, after they sing happy birthday, the person with the birthday has to take the first bite, in the cake, and of course, you already know they are going to push your face into the cake. The first night, I kinda thought that was going to happen so I made sure no one was around me, and the second night, there was no way I could avoid it in the smaller space around the table, so I just let it happen! The flag I received is now hanging up on the wall where I study! :)

Still haven't figured out Drop box, I really don't have much time to get on it and mess with it, I need Jen to send me an invite, or I just need all the info from you (account and Password) so that way I can get on and send pictures home! But I dunno if my card is to busted up now.. I have 3 viruses on it. So that should answer your other question, we email from a ciber (cafe) and so the computers are filled with viruses, but I didn't think about that, and yeah... So I am going to have my card and my flash drive cleaned off at the Chaipul's but only if everything on my flash drive isn't deleted, because I would be SUPER sad if I lost all my pictures... :( 

I got the tie sent off last week! So over to Elder Russell, hopefully he gets it this week and sends it off next monday

Umm I can buy a Sim card here, so maybe just a little money on the card or something! 

Music with Elder ____ and the other guys, is on a Speaker! I am using Elder ___ Ihome and then I also have a small speaker I bought at a little market one day that works when I need it to, but I am pretty sure it was stolen when I bought it....... ha! It was in an open container and kinda jacked up. But I would Love a flash drive or two with more Music, because I didn't see everything on there, but I Love it all on there! :) But If you could put Fable, Halo, Starwars, Tron, all the Harry Potters, and Star Trek (new ones) on a flash drive that would be AWESOME! :) Oh and all the Motab we have would be great as well! :) 

I am glad you can see a growth! I don't see a big one, but maybe a little small one.. :) 

I also Love Vanessa's thought of the week this week! :) Made me happy! :) 

Hey also, on my facebook, if any of the Chaipul's have added me as a friend, will you add them back for me?? Or the Delgados! :) 

Okay, now that that is out of the way, I already told you about the beginning of the week, hmmmm well on Thursday we were contacting all day so that was fun! We had a challenge from our ward mission leader the night before to give out a book of mormon to someone and to do service that day, so we counted chopping some wood for Ruth (crazy cat lady) as our service. Then Elder___ turned to me and said, "okay, you are now training me... You have ( months in the mission and I have 1 go" So I had to talk to people!!! AHHH!!! ME! So the first guy I started to talk to was just chilling there and looking sad, so I kinda started to make conversation and it was kinda awkward, and then his buddy with all his tatoos came out right after I ended up apparently saying that "we don't believe in the bible, we only believe in the book of mormon" Don't know how that happened but NOT TRUE! and he thrusted out his hand and said "Ciao" so there goes that guy... 

We went over to a park, and heard some music, then this guy started to preach, so we sat down and listened and it was crazy! Not normal at all! Ha, but we went to talk to him after and find out where their church was, and he said their chapel was being made so they were meeting in a house and they meet three times a week. So we tried going last night, but we could't find it. 

**How cool would it be to convert a preacher?!**

Then it was almost the end of the day, and we had fifteen minutes left, so we ended up saying a prayer so I could find someone to give my book of mormon to! Not even two minutes later, a guy comes up and asks us for money, I said "I don't have any money but can I give you a message of christ?" He said sure and I ended up giving him a small message and giving him a book of mormon, after Elder __ gave him some money to "Buy Milk" Ten minutes later we saw him on our way home, coming out of the alcohol store with his buddy, he waved to us and had no Book of Mormon... Ha so that was kinda a waste of a book. I wrote my testimony in Broken Spanish, and left a card with our number on it, so hopefully someone will find it and call us! 

We also had a small fùtbal tourniment at our ward the other day, and there were lots of kids who weren't mormon, so we got to go hang out and talk to everyone and then we had promission from the president to play, but we didn't play at all, but I took some sweet pictures of the trophies! :)

Anyways, today was a sweet P day! Got some Sweet emails from Home, got a Letter from Niccole, and I bought a new suit! I looked at them last week, and then this week I tried some on and bought a suit for 30 mil ($60.00) I figured that was a Deal to Seal! So yeah! :) It's been a good day! I even got a 20 minute nap in before coming to write! 

 Last of all, I realized this week How Cool the Book of Mormon really is! Since starting my Mission I have only made it to 1 Nephi 16... That is because I am Really studying it! I wish I would of read it more before the mission, not only the Book of Mormon is cool, but ALL the scriptures! I LOVE EM!!! 

Anyways, I Love you all! Hope that everything, Everywhere is going well for everyone! 

The Church is true, and I Know it! That is why I am out here with my Broken Spanish Testifying of it! I Love you all, and Love the Letters of Support, so keep em coming! 

Love,

Elder Connor G. Holt
Don't tell Chip! I fell in love with this puppy.

Birthday Lunch with Mamita

Dreams do come true if you believe

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is worth more than any trophy
The tie I sent to every missionary serving from the Murray 15th ward. They are to take a picture with it and send it on. 
My zone before all the guys who were cambrioed last Wednesday



A sweet picture I took in the Baptismal font. Figured its a little of God's power coming down on me


 
Elder Holt Loves Letters and Emails! Send him some Por Favor!







No comments:

Post a Comment