Monday, November 11, 2013

Week:(My Favorite Number)

Hello Friendly people from Murray, Utah, and everywhere else around the World that reads this,

How are things back home? :) Things here are just dandy!! :) I first off need to reply to a few things! 

Christmas has hit here in Chile as well, which REALLY throws me off because there in no Snow?! What? No White Christmas?? That is gonna be hard for two years... But the Mall was decked out today and Lider has a whole christmas section as well! 

I did hear about the Phillipeans, just right before I read your email though, I read Chris's and sounds like he had a fun trip through the storm, but it wasn't nearly as bad as they were expecting! But that isn't good about the missing elder! Hopefully they can find him!! 

Zone Conference picture: Me, Elder Clawson, Elder Barney, and Elder Nielson

I still haven't got the package yet... Which means the candy corn is gonna be super hard!! :/ 

Our primary may do a program I am not sure, they once sung in Sacrament a couple weeks ago, yeah they sing songs like the states that are just translated in Spanish so that is super cool as well! :) 

Thank you for the pictures, I got em printed off today and in my book! 

Okay.... Now for a Crazy week! 

So it starts on Tuesday, after P-day. We had Inter Cambios with the elders in our House who serve in Rahue Alto. I got to lead my sector and be with Elder Jauregui (District Leader from Mexico) He really doesn't know a TON of English, so the entire day we were pretty much talking in Spanish... That was fun! I Hope that in a week, when we have transfers I am with a Latino Comp. So that my Spanish will come faster! But we contacted a TON! He is a Contact master, and so we talked to tons of people, we talked with two people at their doors and gave them pamphlets and set up lessons to go back and talk to them on Thursday! So that was an exciting day! 

Wednesday was SUPER cool! We had Divisions with ward members, they are both Identical Twins, and something cool is Camino Real has two sets of Identical Twins in the ward! 2 are 23 and 2 are 4! That is pretty exciting! But anyways we went on Divisions and it was starting to get cold around night time when we were out, but I decided we should go and contact part of our sector that is kinda out of the way, so we don't go over there much. Phillepe and I weren't having much success and it was almost time to end our divisions, so I told him. We have 15 minutes we HAVE to give out 1 pamphet! He was down, so the very next house we knocked, a woman answered! I started to talk to her, and then she said she was Evengelicast, but I didn't let that stop me that the woman from a couple weeks ago, I used that to my advantage and started asking her questions! Anyways before we left we ended up setting up a Cita (appt.) for Saturday and giving her the Restoration Pamphlet!! Woot! That was a Success!!  

Thursday it started to Rain and didn't stop until Saturday night! we went out in the Rain ready to serve! We took off to the other side of the sector and were looking for something to do, since there weren't a whole lot of people outside because of the rain, we went and gave a Menas Activa a lesson, so that was super cool! :) After we went to Both of the people who we met up with on the inter cambio with Elder Jauregui, but they ended up being your Typical Chilean and not even coming to the door.... Bummer. We ended the night at the church with a Oncè with the leaders of the ward which was sweet! We drank our Matè Tea bags, while they all drank their Matè! :)

Friday rolls around and the entire day we were getting ready for the English Class that we set up last week! Elder Walker being a downer didn't want to do it because he says no one ever shows up... So I had to keep pushing it because we want change in our sector! So we put a little propiganda up last week and it was sweet! 7:00 rolls around and so we were at the church all set up but no one was there... By 7:15 the Chaipul Family showed up and that was super sweet! So we ended up just teaching them, but that was super fun! I blame the rain, because whenever it rains here, no one goes anywhere since people don't drive, they don't want to walk in the rain! Ha! Afterwards, we had a Family night with the Chaipuls and the Twins who we did divisions with and the Mom of the Twins who isn't a member! We talked all about Preservierence (Killed that) in Spanish its perseverar! I shared a cool experience about Swimming, that would have been So much cooler for everyone else if I could Speak Spanish better, but I think I got the point across! 

Then on Saturday we went off to work and when we first started the day, we were planning on going to a baptism for the Zone Leaders! So to go, you have to bring an Investigator, so when we went out we stopped at a Menas Activas house and asked her and her Non member Daughter if they would want to go with us, we would pick them up at 4:30 and they said they would love to! So we left it was about 3:30 and so we decided we were going to go visit the lady who I contacted on Wednesday, Elder Walker didn't really want to walk all the way over there for someone who wasn't going to answer her door. But I pulled him along! As we got there I yelled at the door, and then a boy answered, and we asked if his mom was home, and he said yes and went to get her, she didn't come for like 5 or 6 minutes so we thought that they were just pulling a joke on us, and seeing how long it was going to take to get the missionaries to leave... But then she showed up and let us in! We asked if there was a man presant and she said yes, so we went in. I looked at the clock and saw it was3:45, so I knew we only had a little bit, we started to answer her questions, she had SOO many and then I looked at my watch and it was 4:15 it felt like 5 minutes! Then after another 5 minutes it was really 5:15 and when we finally left it was 6:15... So we definitely blew off the Baptism... But at this lesson with this lady I felt the spirit super strong! We are going back today to go teach her again and have oncè with her family!! We then after that went back to the Menas Activas house and started to talk with them, when some kids came by and wanted her daughter to come out and play, so we ended up talking with them, then they made up holla hoop and play games with them, and so we did! We found out that they still ended up going to the baptism even without us, and she said it was "bonita" which is Beautiful, so I really hope she felt the spirit! We ended the night with helping them take chairs back to the church that they borrowed for some reason, on a super Ghetto hand cart thing! That was super fun! 

But that was the week, it was awesome! Hopefully this week we will teach Daniela a bunch more (the woman we taught) then we are going to go contact the kids houses and hope that they will remember us and that will get us into their house! 

Last night I finished the Book written by Elder Ballard, such a Cool book! It explains so many small and simple things about the Gospel that Just make sence! I Love it! :) I encourage everyone to read it, and if you have then read it again!! 

I Love you all! Thank you to everyone who sends me letters and emails, they help out a lot! :) It boosts my spirits for the week to come!! 

The Church is True.the Gospel is here to help everyone one day return to Heavenly Father and to become like him, and all we have to do is be Obedient to the Commandments, I Love you all! 

Elder Connor Gordon Holt





More pictures from the Day of the Dead celebration fair





"MIB: Missionaires in Black  (It was really just sunny at lunch because the sun was on us though their sky light thing, so they gave us sun glasses to eat with! 



 A Sunset from earlier in the week, I still Love sunsets! I feel that it is a small thing from God saying that he is pleased with our work that day! :)

You wonder why it takes me ages to read the Scriptures? Well every page is filled like this from 1Nephi to 2Nephi where I am now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment