Monday, November 4, 2013

Weel 16 Happy Halloween!

Hello Family and Friends,

I kinda feel like I am "Stealing" that title for my email, since almost all my friends who are elders used the same one.... So definitely not unique hahahaha oh well...

Kinda bummed that I only got pictures of Logan and the Moody's... Call's you guys better have pictures for me this next week! I mean come on guys, I have pictures or at least ONE picture every week! Brandon I know you were the Lego man, ya'lls better be sendin me some pics so I can fill up my new photo album book that I bought a couple of weeks ago! I like printing pictures of family and friends back home, so if you send them in files, I can print them here! 

Um package?? No, letters yes! I am finally getting caught up on letters sent from a months ago, and those that send it first class like from two weeks ago! Woot! That is awesome! Thanks for loving me enough to send it First Class! But they said that packages are being received about 1-3 months after sent... So it isn't an emergency I guess! 

So this past week has been probably my favorite of this Cambio! We started the Awesome week on Wednesday at Zone Conference or Special Training. It was super awesome! Although not much was said in English so I kinda zoned out a bit.... But I did catch some things, and I was caught up after! Some of the things I loved?? "I bought an $80.00 watch and it is Awesome, so why by a watch for $400.00, when my $80.00 watch does the same thing?" I Loved that! Because it is so true! Why do you need to waste money and by some crazy watch that does the same thing that a cheap watch does?? Another thing?? "Doubt your Doubts BEFORE you Doubt your Beliefs" and the last thing was "You know how many seeds are in an Apple, but you don't know how many Apples are in a Seed" That last one is one of my favorites, because obviously we don't have many Baptisms here, we are one of the lowest baptizing Missions in the worlds with a whopping 7 baptisms a Month Mission-wide. So if I baptize someone in the next two years I just have to hope that seed grows into an Apple Tree! 

Then that night we went out contacting, and we had a couple doors open for us! One was a guy named mircol, but he was working and I am not confident with my Spanish, so I said okay, and we set up a time that we could come back with him Sunday night, but he ended up not showing up... Then at the end of the night on Wedesday, we were gonna be done, when we were just kinda standing on a corner, I turned around and saw a little small blue house across the street with lights on, and I decided to go contact it, so we did! When we Yelled for them, (you don't knock much here, you yell at peoples houses and they come out) We saw this Big lady turn around and not looking to happy she came to the door! When we talked with her, she got happier, and we ended up giving her a Book of Mormon because she said she has been investigating churches and said she would come to church on Sunday (she didn't) but it was awesome! Hopefully we can talk to her again because she was the most promising contact yet! 

Then Thursday was Halloween! It was super sweet! I gave my idea to Elder Walker that we should "Dress up" I remember seeing some elders do it before, but I didn't think he would want to because it wasn't "cool" Thank goodness he thought it was sweet! So we switched ties and name tags on Thursday and were each other the entire day! It was super fun! He took around one of my photo albums and acted like Niccole was his girlfriend all day, and had his camera on him taking pictures all the time... Making fun of me.... hahahaha oh well! I just had the phone and the basketball at night to be him in the picture (as you can see) Fun fact of the day, Halloween is NOT big here yet... It only started like 4 or 5 years ago, and lots of people don't celebrate it. But there are families who do do it! So most of the costumes are just face paint and kiddies are knocking on lots of doors with no success (hmmm sounds familiar) and at the end of the night they have like 80 little hard candies, no chocolate! But it was the best at our house! I bought candy last Monday because I wanted something to munch on during the week, but one of the packages sucks, to open the little candies, so when halloween came around and we had to go home at 10:00 I heard the neighbor's kids outside and ran out and gave them handfuls of candy and they were all happy! Then one little kid knocked on our door and so when I opened the door, I noticed his older looking brother sitting on the curb waiting, (not happy he had to waste the night with his brother) I gave the kid not one, not two, but THREE big handfuls of candy and every handful his eyes and smile just got bigger and bigger! Even his older brother had a huge smile on when they ran off in joy! :) 

Lets see.... Friday?? Hmmm oh yeah! We took out Papito Chaipul with us to go and contact Menos Activas (girls) So we could invite them to church on Sunday, we gave a lesson to one lady and a couple of her 6 daughters, that went really well! Then after we visited this family of three, a mom, daughter, and son. Who were all sick! We gave a small lesson, and then we gave them blessing, I gave the first blessing, and then annointed another. It was super tough because I still don't have the language down, but first Spanish Blessing woot woot! 

Saturday was super long! We had a service project to DEEP clean the church! So we were there at 10 and were the only ones there... So we started to clean and by around 12:30 we had more people there! After we were done cleaning they had people making Spagetti which was pretty good! Before we left home to change clothes and work for the day, we went out and played a game of one on one basketball! I ended up losing by one basket, but I was surprised and my skills difference! It was super fun!! 

I have decided the church here in Chile is SUPER Apostate... Yesterday Papito Bravo (Our Real Paptio who we Eat with) got up and bore his testimony, and said "I feel worthy to stand here at this pulpit, because worthiness is NOT measured by Money, I know it, and God knows it!" He doesn't pay tithing and so yeah, it was a party... We are trying to teach him it is a COMMANDMENT! Then last night in Ward Council they said they aren't going to give the priesthood to a 12 year old kid, because he isn't "mature" enough?? Come on! He has his agency!! Gah!! Also, they are going to baptize an 8 year old on satuday, don't get me wrong, it is awesome! But into an Menos Activo Famila and so his hopes for staying Active are not looking good....

Today was super fun! We cleaned, I LOVE cleaning here I've decided because no one cleans hahaha so I always clean the bathroom! Then we took off down to central to get our church money, and I pulled 30 mil ($60.00) out of personal. Then we went and sent letters, and we bought groceries and then went to the stake center in Central because our Zone was playing Basketball and Volleyball! We had a 3 on 3 turni and my team ended up taking 2nd to my compaions! We beat them the first time, but they beat us in the finals... Shoota! Oh well, next time! :) It was super fun! I Love Pdays because I feel like a normal person again, and we get to be in the "real world" don't get me wrong though, I am Stoked for the rest of the week after Pday! :) I also bought some Matè today, but it is like the tea bags, we are allowed to drink it like this, and it tastes SOOOOO GOOOD! I have missed Matè. I also bought a shirt... That is blue, but since they don't have any Y stuff, I had to go with the U! So Blue is the True U! Its for one of the Chilean professional Fùtbal teams, and I used to be a Colo-Colo fan, but I am now a U fan! woot woot! So Southern Hemisphere it is a U, and Northern it is a Y!
Well that is all, time to hook you up with pictures for this week! :)

Oh. Ps I FINISHED FIRST NEPHI TODAY!!! 
Love you all!!! 

2 Nephi 33:12

Elder Connor Holt

The four of us were in the CCM together, and now we are all in the same Zone at our First Zone conference!!

Elder Connor Holt is now Elder Connor Walker
Happy Halloween!



So I decided that this is what I'm going to be when I get home. A full-time cotton-candy bike salesman. We hit up a fair for the Day of the Dead on Saturday and so that was there!

Get your laughs at me wearing a U, but Blue is the true U!

1 comment:

  1. I came across your sons blog while looking at others. My son is one of the 4 that are in the photo together at the zone conference. Elder Barney. I guess our sons were together in the MTC and now are not only in the same zone but eat together daily with mamita and papito. It is so neat to read your sons letters and then to see a photo of my son!!! I hope you don't mind.
    Jill Barney
    jillbarney@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete