Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Week 27: Yo Tengo una Dragona....

Hello Family and Friends,

How is everything back in the super Cold Salt Lake City?? Hope all is well, here in Osorno? Life is great all except one thing.... Yo Tengo una Dragona!!!! Ya, no bueno... But I will get to that part later...

Speaking of Uncle Robert I received their Christmas Card this past week, and "Good Things come in Orange Packages" Thanks Allyson and Jed for the Calendar! It is Super cool!! Already have a bunch of dates filled out on it! :) 

Oh yeah, I am in Heaven with all the Fruit right now, I am counting down the days for the Blackberries to be ripe, every now and then I will eat a green one, but they are SUUUUPPPEERRR Sour! :P But it wasn't Mamita Chaipul who gave us the Razzberries, the person who gave us Razzberries is named Isabel, she is a less active, and her two daughters are not members, but we have been working with them since Elder Walker was here! They are progressing finally, they came to church yesterday and have a baptismal date of Feb 8th, but I dunno if that is gonna be good, because I don't want to baptize them if they are just going to go inactive, so we need to keep working with them and getting a testimony for them, but it is hard, because there aren't much youth in our ward! But if we can start with them, we can get more! 

Yeah you will have to ask your classmate what sectors she served in and tell her I am in Camino Real, then I can talk to people here and see if they remember her! :) 

Package?? Ummm maybe a new shirt? Definitely a couple Garment tops would be awesome, and not positive on socks, I think I have some more in my suitcase that I haven't opened up yet. But Garment tops would be awesome! :) Past that I can't really think of anything that is SUPER important that I need! 

If you go to the concert at Murray today, tell everyone I say hello, Madrigals and I guess Mr. Scott as well... No but really though! :) I miss em all!! 

Okay, for this week! Its been an awesome one! I told you that it was all on Paciencia (patience) for my Christ  Like attribute, and it wasn't as hard as I thought, although there definitely were a couple times it got pretty tough, but in all I worked through the week, and thanked the lord for not having a companion like Elder Ruben, I dunno what I would do if I had someone like him! So far, all of my Companions have been super easy to get along with! 

So this past Friday we were walking back from Lunch, and this lady stopped us, she was walking also, and asked us to sit down at the bus stop and talk for a little bit, I have only seen her for the past 3 weeks, but apparently she has lived here for 8 years. Anyways she started off by asking me if I can speak spanish, I replied with "so so" and was thinking "oh great here I am, being Gringo and all, she is gonna want money I can just tell..." and then it started... She became a Dragon. Dragon is a term for people above the age of 30 who hit on you... As is Snake for 18 and up and worm for 17 and under, but yeah, she wanted us to come over and talk with her, she lives close to the family Chaipul and so we called up Carlitos and we went over there! Pretty much, long story short, she didn't listen when the latinos talked, but when I did... She was all for it, the lesson was horrible, there was no Spirit and we just wanted to get out of there. The next day, we went back and did some service with Papito Delgado for her and cut wood and what not, but the entire time we didn't feel the spirit (even outside) and wanted to get out of there. We found out by one of her neighbors she has Schizophrenia. The next day she was in the church for sacrament, as the sacrament was being passed around there was music coming from somewhere, and then the 1st counselor went over to her, and asked her to turn it off, it was coming from her cell phone. Then last night, when we were heading back to the house, she was in our Neighborhood, looking for our House! It was pretty crazy, so we played spies and snuck through the neighborhood which was kinda fun... She calls me Joseph because she asked what my name was when we were teaching the restoration and I thought she was talking about Joseph Smith, and so yeah... It just isn't a good situation at all! 

But yesterday we had Lunch with a member named Carlitos! He is 22 years old and wants to serve a Mission, he is always helping the missionaries in my Zone and us! It is super awesome! He is the only member in his house! :) So his mom made us Lunch, and we had an awesome lesson with them, one of their sons passed away a couple of years ago, and one of Elder Vargus's brothers passed away a couple years ago, so they connected super fast, and she said when they were talking about how they are in a better place "She felt cold and shivers" **Spirit** Super awesome!! They are super ready, we set up an appointment with them for this Friday! Super excited!! 

Then we had an Amazing Lesson on the Book of Mormon last night with some of my Favorite Investigators! They are a couple, who is not married, the woman has three daughters 15, 13, 9 and as a couple they have  a son who is 18 months. I realized yesterday that the man reminds me of uncle Daren, he looks just like him!! :) Anyways, we taught them the Restoration, plan of Salvation, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the past 2 months, and yesterday was the Book of Mormon, they understand most of it and its just awesome! We only read from the Introduction! But the Spirit WAS there! It was so cool! As we changed a couple words to apply it to them, the Spirit Testified! We changed a word "Man" to "Claudio" and after he got super emotional and said he had never felt this way before! It was so cool, I also testified and shared my experience when I was 15 and I ended up crying with the spirit, it was so cool to see how the Spirit works when its there! I Love this Feeling, and you know what? Dad this is where you come in, it was at that point, why I realized I am out here, I am out here to get people to feel the spirit and to know this church is true! Im not here to try and be the Best Missionary with the highest numbers, or to become an AP, or to speak the best Spanish, I am here to be a Servant of Jesus Christ, and bring people closer to him. 

I Love this church so much, and being out here for 6 months really has changed my thoughts on the church, life, and the life to come! I have gained a better knowledge of it all, and can't wait to share it with my kids one day, and hope they will follow my footsteps and be a missionary, and that we have a family that is as perfect as ours is! Thanks for everything you guys do for me! It Amazes me everyday how much you do, when I am out here living on my own! Not excited to get back to normal life and I REALLY have to fend for myself, but thank you! 

You Loving Missionary, friend, and Son.

Elder Connor Gordon Holt




1 and 2: When you lose a game like Hot Potato, you gotta do this weird pose thingy that really hurts by the end! 


3.  Yep, still taking Ring Fotos, Lovin the CTR

4. I want a Puppy. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment