Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 82: A Second Chance

Hello everyone!! Sorry things are a little bit later this week... We had a little bit of something I like to call.... SUCCESS!!! But before that story comes I have lots to talk about!! So Buckle your seat belts (something I haven't done in along time.. Gonna have to learn again...) and hold on tight!! :)

Wow, so where to start?? First off, Mom I thought I said forever ago, sorry, I forget what I say and I don't when I think about what I am gonna write and what not, and I always realize after that there is something that I should have said. Especially something that is funny, is how when you say you sent a package (You guys didn't need to) (Just Liahona ;)) I realize that same day there is something else that I wanted/Needed but its nothing I NEED haha so no worries!! But my Companion Elder Root has the exact same time as Elder Jeppson, so he just completed 6 meses here in Chile as of January, also he is from St. George like Elder Rich! Which is funny, because his sister said that she knows the sister of Elder Rich!! 

Next I can also say this, I wasn't very happy to see what was at the beginning of the email, with what happened with Uncle Bruce, I was kinda thinkin "Shoot another Sad Email" like last week, I had lots of sad news last week. So I was super bummed last week, but I was SUPER Glad to see that everything is going to be okay, and that I have a family who Love to "Count their many Blessings" Thank you for writing those too, and its very Amazing! You can be sure that all ya'lls especially Uncle Bruce will be in my prayers, but one question. How did Uncle Bruce get it?? Did Grandpa or Grandma have it?? Does that mean that it can jump generations, so that even if you don't have it Mom, that we should still check us as well?? I dunno it was just a thought that popped up in my head.

Anyways, onward with the week, first off reading the emails last week, kinda put me in a downer mood last Monday night, but its cool, because Heavenly Father knows exactly what to do to help me be in a better mood, when we got back to the house and I started changing my clothes, all of a sudden I heard a familiar song coming from the neighbor's house. Then another, and another. Our Neighbor likes listening to my Favorite Band.... IMAGINE DRAGONS! Know what's even better?! They have new songs that I get to listen to when I get home!!! :D 

Anyways, now for the story of SUCCESS!! 

So Familia Silva... Yeah, the familia that we got to help move!!! Well, the Dad got out of the hospital a week ago on Sunday! And we had the chance to get to meet him on Tuesday, and we had a cita with him and taught him the Restoration on Friday afternoon!! It was super awesome!! He is a great guy!! The Spirit was present and everything!! We also had the chance to serve him later that night, by cutting some wood for him! :) 

Then Later that night on Friday we had the chance to go to the house of Familia Veloso who live right next to Diego and Familia Silva!!! (After cutting the wood) It was super duper awesome!! We ended up having a Noche de Hogar with them and Diego and his family were invited but only he ended up going because his lady was having some " 9 Month Sickness" and what not, and so she didn't come. At the Noche de Hogar, we watched a video on the Plan of Salvation that was on Youtube that was made in the 70's or something like that, and was kinda weird, but didn't teach it all, but anyways when it was done, it was almost 10 o'clock so we had to BOOK it to the house!! 

Then on Saturday we told Diego that we would be back to help him in the evening with Moving HIM now, because he is going to live next door to his familia with his lady and his son, and so we went back Saturday night at 8 to go and help, but he still wasn't done working. (He works as a Collectivo Driver) and so we ended up helping his new neighbors organize there wood that was in the street to move it inside their property and what not. So we did that, and as I was sweeping up (It had to be perfect ((Thanks Grant...)) Anyways Diego pulled up, and so we took off with him to his old house to start bringing things over, we only had to do one load, because they didn't have a lot of things to do, but it took like an hour to do, well, because look at the stairs in the picture and because of a car parked behind me from where I took the picture, but we did it!! It was awesome!! Then he told us to come by on Sunday night to see if they had unpacked everything and if so we could just talk!! 

So we passed by last night and he still wasn't done working so we went somewhere else, when all of a sudden we got a call from the sisters asking if we could go into their sector to give some investigators a blessing who had been in a bus crash yesterday, and so we did that!! As we were getting ready to leave I had the idea to call Diego to see if he could help us out by giving us a ride, and he said "where are you?" and then as we were telling him he Honked and drove past us and told us to meet him at the super mercado!! So we ran up there as he dropped off some people there and jumped in the car!! He took us there and wouldn't accept any money.... Then he left, it was super cool, and then when we finished he told us to call him, so as we did he came back to pick us up, and we went with him to drop his car off. And we put 1.000 hidden by the E brake as a surprise in the morning! ;) He told us that he would take us to central today in the morning when we were ready!! 

So this morning after we finished our studies we gave him a call, and he hooked us up, and we told him we would come by at like 1 pm so we could help him organize his house (He asked us last night to help) and we ended up getting there around 2 which was awesome!! Then we ended up going to Unimarc to go and buy Lunch so we could eat with him and his pareja Josalin!! So we did that and had a lunch with them!! When I acted on a prompting (Thoughts this morning in the shower) to teach the Plan of Salvation!! It was kinda fun because I did something different, we started the lesson out with a question like this. Having them look at each other "Do you want to Live Forever with Each other?" And Diego said yes, and Josalin said that she couldn't see herself with anyone else. Then we taught and by the end we did the same question but put "Are you willing to do anything to do be together forever?" Then popped the John 3:5 showing that Jesus said you have to be baptized to enter the Kingdom of God and then we popped the question and THEY BOTH ACCEPTED FECHA FOR THE 21 OF MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How cool is that?!?! Although their son was crying every time the Spirit hit us hard and they were thinking of a response to a Question. Dang you Satin. They accepted Fecha! Now I KNOW that it really was the Spirit that guided us to them last week!1 

Now I say this is a second chance, because I realized this last week that a year ago, I was in Chiloe and that was when I found Jaime by the Spirit who was Baptized. Although Jaime was 19 and was my age. Diego is 24 and is Brandon's age, and is close to the age of Jaime. So therefore a Second chance! :) Thank you Heavenly Father!! 

Yeah, so that was our awesome week! Now we have LOTS to do this week!! Thank you for everything that you all do for me!! ESPECIALLY the Prayers! 

I Love you all so very much! Have a Great Week!! 

Trying to make you Proud,

Elder Connor Holt


Holding Imagine Dragons while listening to them from the neighbors

River Shot, we cross this bridge a lot

A fun night shot from our room.

This is in our sector, the river is obviously huge if they put these in there...

The Stairs from Saturday night.

Diego, Joselin, and I

After Servicio :) We moved all that up those stairs

for Brandon: You guys should get Fire helmets like these!! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment