Monday, May 26, 2014

Week 45: Last time with President Rappleye *done done donnnnnne*

Hola todos! Como le va?? Aqui en Coyhaique, hace muy frio ahora! Fue Perfecto solo con mis Shorts and Shirt este mañana, pero yo creo vamos ver nieve este noche o por lo menos este semana!! 

Hey everyone!! 

How are ya?! I am loving life here in Coyhaique! Its been a pretty crazy week!! Well, shoot, its hard to think about as well, because it was such long time ago... This past week feels like years ago, but a year ago feels like days ago, hmmm funny how time and stuff like that works?? 

Annie is getting married now as well?! How Marriages!! No really though, they are Holy if they are in the temple.... ;) But that is pretty sweet!! Bummer that the others are thrown away! Get me some pictures!! I want to see them lucky guys and girls! :) 

I think yes, I think that May here is like November there! That is what I was deciding this past week, which means.... This Thursday is TURKEY DAY!!! Yeah!! Ha we'll see if we actually do anything! ;) But today has been Lovely all day after yesterday's rain! But after taking my 7 minute nap before coming here to write it is now, dark and murky outside and I think I might just cuddle back up after I am finished and go back to sleep! :)

Also bueno Foto for whoever took the picture of the sunset! ;) You are almost getting to the skills of Elder Holy Que Humilde cierto? ;) Naw just kidding, it is really awesome! :)) 

Crazy that the cancer of Mr. Wilson came back, he is such an Awesome teacher! I am sad that I never got the chance to learn from him like my lucky siblings!! 

Ummmm no package still, I know... Its a bummer, we are praying this week! Because Elder Santisteban is waiting for his package as well! Ummm No I think I am still fine without a sleeping bag, I am actually sleeping SUPER Hot at night, that I wake up in the morning without any blankets on... Ha! Who woulda thought, I can only hope that I am lucky to have lots of blankets in all the houses I sleep in! 
 
We also studied in Chap. 19 of Gospel Principles of Repentance, in fact Elder Payares taught that day, because the sister who normally teaches called us on Saturday night, and asked us to teach! But it was awesome to learn about Repentance, Repentance really is something awesome, because like you said, we are all human and always make mistakes and blah blah! And so with Repentance we are all super lucky to have the chance to be able to, so we can become perfect and live with our Heavenly Father again!! 

We have had a great week here in Coyhaique! We started the week, hearing some sad news that the elders in Aysen, lost their house... To flames.... So the four guys there are getting a new house, nope. Two Missionaries and the other two are going to different areas, and then the elders and sisters there are now in our District and so we will be going to Aysen (1 hour) for our District Meetings every other week! #Sick be waiting for some Great Pictures, they tell me everytime they come for Zone Meeting that the bus ride is GORGEOUS!! So I am pumped!! 

We had some awesome lessons!! We taught our investigator Monica! She is doing awesome! In fact this was our first time ever in her house! Because usually when she can have a lesson, we don't have a man with us, but when we do, she can't... That happened at least 8 times... But we taught her the Restoration, and she loved it, and I think she felt the Spirit, because I sure know I did!! 

Sandra?? The Mom of Isaboth, who I baptized, has all of a sudden, gone kinda wacko... Like I dunno what's going on with them. When I first got here in Coyhaique, they were at EVERY. SINGLE. THING. The church offered, and now? Yeah, they have only been to church once in the past month... They have been reading some things on Google about the church, and she won't read the Book of Mormon... GAH!!!!!! Its super hard...

Then there is Salvador! He is the Husband of Iris who is a member but less active! I Love going to this house, we have been focusing on the Book of Mormon with them because he is an investigator for a year, and I want him to have a testimony of the Book of Mormon! Then I pulled a Brandon and actually listened to his advice for once to look at his record and he has NEVER been taught the Restoration, and so we are gonna be teaching that tonight I think!! HA just kidding, I work with the records all the time here! Thanks Brandon!! 

Yesterday we had some SWEET! Lessons!! We taught Moíses (Moses) which was awesome! He was a reference from the Zone Leaders like two months ago! We went there with Geraldo who is a return missionary from Brazil like a month ago! We taught the Restoration again, and it was Awesome! Filled with the Spirit and we challenged him to Baptism! He said "We'll see if I get an Answer" but I KNOW he is gonna get baptized, because he is the answer to Obispo Saavedra or Bishop Saavedra to become Active again!! (They both are Military)

Then we have worked with Roxanna and Roberto this past week as well! I dunno if I have ever told you the story of them?? They are 37 years old and married since like 2007! In 2011 Roberto had something go off in his brain when his Grandma passed away, that has just gotten worse since, he is now at this point he can't control his muscles very well, or his tongue. So he can't talk or swallow, but he still can walk if he needs to. When he talks, its VERY difficult to understand him! But with lots of patience you can understand!! Sometimes (I wish all the time) he just types on the Ipad, which would make everything so much easier (Since his Mind is still awesome!) But we have had some great lessons with them! I am hoping to see them Baptized before I leave this area! But I dunno, because I think I may be getting transferred here in a couple of weeks... Sad to hear... :( 

My studies this past week were awesome! I finished All the lessons in Chapter 3 in PMG and then today I started them again!! Elder Ballard told us that we shouldn't memorize them, but we should internalize them! So here I am, learning them again and again! 
I also am reading in Mosiah!! And one of my favorite chapters I think is Mosiah 24. The Brethren of Alma are so awesome! Just to take on Trials with Patience and just trusting in the Lord!! 

 11 And Amulon commanded them that they should stop their cries; and he put guards over them to watch them, that whosoever should be found calling upon God should be put to death.

 12 And Alma and his people did not raise their voices to the Lord their God, but did pour out their hearts to him; and he did know the thoughts of their hearts.

 13 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.

 14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.

 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.

 16 And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage.

Which is awesome right?!? Then after they escaped?? 

 20 And Alma and his people departed into the wilderness; and when they had traveled all day they pitched their tents in a valley, and they called the valley Alma, because he led their way in the wilderness.
 21 Yea, and in the valley of Alma they poured out their thanks to God because he had been merciful unto them, and eased their burdens, and had delivered them out of bondage; for they were in bondage, and none could deliver them except it were the Lord their God.
 22 And they gave thanks to God, yea, all their men and all their women and all their children that could speak lifted their voices in the praises of their God
EVERYONE WHO COULD SPEAK PRAYED AND GAVE THANKS!! 

so I have two challenges for the people who read this email today!! :) 
First?? Go and start reading the Book of Mormon this evening! Start from the Title Page and go. After?? Give a prayer of GRATITUDE to our Loving Heavenly Father, because I know that he Loves Each and Everyone of us!! :) 
I just need to thank everyone who do things and pray  for me!! :) You guys are all Awesome! I Love all of you So much, and there is No way I would be here today without you!! 
Have a Killer Week! 
Elder Connor Holt

1 Zona

2 Presidente Rappleye, Hermana Rappleye, y yo

3 We had an Eating contest of 6 Completos and Yours Truly won! :)

4-7 Piedra del Indio (Indian rock) (Look at the Rock it looks like an Indian Head?? I don't see it either) 





No comments:

Post a Comment