Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 54: We celebrated the 24th a little early...

hi Hi HI!!!! :)

Hello how is it going?! Hopefully just dandy!!! I don't even know where to start once again, this past week, has been absolutely mind blowingly crazy....

On Tuesday we were in Puerto Montt for our awesome district meeting, and it was super fun like always!! 

Wednesday there was some crazy things that went down!! We walked so much, I don't even know how to describe it, other than I was a Missionary who sang as he walked, and walked, and walked, and walked..... ect. hahahahaha it was awesome!! Then around 6 o'clock we went to the only gym here in town and we were there with the elders quorum, and we kicked a soccer ball around before they started the game!! While they were playing, I went and contacted the man, who was in charge of the gym and taught the whole plan of salvation to him! that was some fun stuff!! 
After the game we were all exiting, when all of a sudden, two Bomberos (Fire Trucks) came SCREAMING by and we were just joking ha "How funny would it be if it was our house?!" And so we left to head out for an appt. that we had, and people in the street were running by us to go see this fire, when all of a sudden Hno. Jorge (Menas Activo who was playing with us) called us and Elder Jurado answered the phone and told us "THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!!" That is all I heard! So we turned around So fast and started sprinting in the other direction!!! As we got to the top of the hill, we realized it wasn't our house, but the house of the President, who lives right in front of us!! So we booked it past all these other people in the street, the other elders behind us, and we got there!! The house was a blazed!! The entire second floor was blowing up!! It was crazy! So we entered our house dropped to our knees offered a prayer for the family and then ran out to help!! We helped the Bomberos with everything and anything that we could do!! After twenty minutes I found the President, and asked him if his family was alright, luckily they were in Osorno and it was crazy! I noticed that he was crying, so I took him in my arms and just held him for a bit. Then we kept helping with the fire!! At around 10:30 it was all the way out, and the entire branch was there with us! If they weren't there at the house, they were on the other side of the caution line the bomberos made waiting!! 

President slept with us that night, so Elder Lopez let him sleep in his bed and slept on the floor. 

The next day it was Thursday the 24th, we spent the entire day with the branch cleaning up the house. The Mission President came to help. Later on the Stake President of Puerto Montt came (Not our Stake) to help out. It was just super cool! There were lots of people who weren't members either!! 

That night, Hna. Alicia told us that her son (who was helping that entire day) said that he had a desire to come to the church now, because of the unidad that he saw here with all the members of the branch! It was super cool to hear, because when we are teaching there he is always in a different room!! 

Then on Friday we had an inter cambio and I was with Elder Dennis! We were in their sector! And we taught a guy named Jaime. It was so cool!! He has 21 years and wants to know the TRUTH! He is looking for the truth, and read the entire pamphlet of the restoration and watched the 1 hour version of the restoration with his girlfriend!! After we taught him the Restoration, he wanted to pray, so we taught him and to pray our way, and then he asked to pray, so of course we let him, and the Spirit was just sOOO STRONG! I told him after, I was so jealous that I didn't get to teach him, because I have only seen one other person like him my entire mission!! 

On Saturday we received phone calls late at night from the President.... Elder Dennis is going to Chiloe, and the two new guys are going to be training two of the 27 new elders, and I am going to the Black River! (Rio Negro) which is super sweet because it is in my first zone/stake so hopefully I will be there for stake conference that I can talk with people there!! Or at least General Conference in October!! I am super excited!! :) It is going to be crazy!!! 

Then today we played Ping Pong for like two hours in the church!! I have come to gain a little bit of skill here in Los Muermos of Table Tennis, definitely nothing like Tennis, but little is better than none. Then we were going to email like two hours ago, but a menos activo invited us to come over to his house at 3 and we had a cita planned at 6 so this worked out, and we went and ate Pichanga with them!! Oh my gosh how I absolutly LOVE Pichanga, you should look it up and try to make it if you can!! French Fries, tomatoes, guacamole, meat, pickles, cauliflower, ummmm cheese?? I can't remember it all, but it is just so amazing!! :))) 

Anyways, life is crazy here! Yeah I know Elder Medling, he was in Coyhaique during my first cambio there! Now that I am going to a sector close to Osorno maybe I will see him!!! Hope that I can see Ethan soon! That would be super cool!! 

I hope that everything is well at home, you guys are in my thoughts and prayers always!! 

If you guys could keep the Familia Osario in your prayers that would be Amazing!! That is the family of the president!! I Love you all!! Thank you for all that you do!! :)


Trying to make you proud,

Elder Connor Holt


My "Tronquito" it was for an hermana who is finishing her mission this week, but she didn't want to be "trunky" so I ate it instead.... So I was trunky... JUST KIDDING ;)


The House of the President on the 24th

The wall of the kids, everything was burned except the picture of Christ, it made me think of the Provo Tabernacle fire.


No comments:

Post a Comment