Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Week 64: My last day as a Teenager... (Little Sob)

Well Hello everyone!! How are things up North where the world is getting Colder!?! Here in Rio Negro, we are starting to have Summer Baby!! Por Fin!! Its now getting warm, this past week, we have had 3 hot days and for the weekend with conference (Because I knocked on wood) we only had clouds!! :) But today we have heat and sun again, its time for Elder Holt to start the Tanning again!! Woot Woot!! 

Wow, I honestly have no idea where to start! It was one freakin Amazing week!!! 

Lets start with Tamara, the College student! She is an Abentista?? I have no idea what it is in English... But she goes to church on Saturday! That Religion! She converted in 2008 and then her Boyfriend Javier joined in 2010 as well! But we had two super awesome days with her this past week!! 

We had interviews with President Obeso on Wednesday, and it was awesome! I will get back to this later on, but after Interviews we went out to go catch our bus back to Rio Negro, there were like 4 buses there going and so we decided to pick the farthest one, because it was the same one that we came on and the bus driver is pretty cool, and they called us over and said they were gonna leave in like 4 minutes. So we went over to him! We got on the bus and sat in the same seats!! Then we realized that the other bus was leaving, and so I was turning my head to talk to Elder Rich to see if he wanted to go over there super fast, and I stopped when I saw a face that I knew! Who did it happen to be? None the less then Tamara!! So I called over to her, and she came back and started to talk to us, and as we asked her how she was, she just broke down... We got really nervous thinking something HORRIBLE happened like a death or she broke up with her boyfriend of something, but something bad did happen, she was robbed of her Backpack which had all her money and assignments for college in it. So we asked her if she would like to have a prayer with us, and she said yes, so we prayed with her, and we just whipped out the scriptures to start bringing up some scriptures of comfort as well! We got that down super fast, and then we ended up teaching 3 Nephi 11 as well, which was super sweet!! We got her to promise us to pray about the Book of Mormon as well afterwards!! Wow, like it was so cool!! We got the chance to help her out, and it was after interviews, and it was on the right bus... Like I don't believe in that many coincidences, I know the hand of God was there to help out with that!! 

Then on Friday night, Javier called us!! He asked us if we could meet at 8 and we didn't have any citas planned so we changed our plans and went to the church!! It was to help Tamara with English, and because I have forgotten a lot of English stuff here in the past year talking Spanish, I always give that part to Elder Rich! So while they were doing English, I started to play little mind games on the White Board with Javier and Seba (The Member) like Tic Tac Toe, Hangman, dots, some others, and I realized after about 20 minutes, "There has to be some kind of way that I can change this into a Gospel Lesson" and so I changed it up and said, "Here I have one last game!" So I drew the Plan of Salvation on the board, and asked the two guys "What is this?" They looked at it, and after a couple minutes Seba asked me if he could put the name above it, and so he did so!  So then I started to teach, with the help of Seba, the plan of Salvation to Javier quietly while Elder Rich was teaching English!! It was super awesome! And by the end of the lesson Elder Rich was showing pictures of his family and taking about them in English with Tamara and was explaining how important they are to him!! Then they turned around right at the part where I was saying families can live forever! So it was super awesome!! Just at the perfect moment!! Yet again, I still don't believe in coincidences!! hahaha :)

Now, Interviews with Presidente Obeso were super awesome!! Like they are suppose to be 15 minutes, but I learned something from Elder Walker, that I have remembered all my Mission. "Time with president is Precious time!" So I always have questions prepared, and its just super awesome!! My 15 minute interview yet again turned into almost an hour!! HA! Elder Rich was in there for at least a half hour!! He came out, and had some tears, I knew he had felt the Spirit Strongly, so before I went in, I got up and gave the kid a HUGE hug and then we separated again! 
In my interview, I learned so much!! I became a lot closer with Presidente Obeso, I learned the importance of Family Prayer, and he said something that was super awesome!! In fact, two things! First off, he told me that the first time we talked (With Elder York, Elder Dennis, Elder Torrez, and I when we were trying to solve problems back in July) He could just tell I was gonna be a strong leader! He thanked me for all the things I have done here in Rio Negro and it was just super awesome! Then he also told me something right before we finished! "Elder Holt, I can just see inside of you that you have Great parents, who have taught you well, in this life, because you just radiate it from your face and your actions, thank you." and so now, it is my turn to tell you the Truth...

MY PARENTS ARE THE BEST! Like really though, not a joke. Thank you for everything that you guys have done for me in the past 20 years!! You have done so much and it means so much to me!! :) I am sorry for the pest I was until I was 18, hopefully you guys will see the change that I have seen here in the Mission!! :) 

Something else that was awesome?? I just love this, I heard this from Caleb Becerra before the Mission and it is super awesome!! "Don't ask to serve, just Serve" and yeah and its my motto out here in Chile! Thanks Caleb!!! 

Now for General Conference?? Was it NOT the best conference you have seen since last May?! Hahaha it was super awesome! It might of been my favorite here in the Mission, except it was super cool to see the Murray Choir a year ago!! But the Missionary Choir sang a DOPE song! It was so cool!!! My favorite talks?? I dunno there were so many!! Elder Holland, Elder Callister, Elder Scott, and you better believe it... Elder BEDNAR!! We are gonna be sharing that talk with everyone!!!!!! It was so good!!!!! I am definitely gonna need a copy of the Liahona here... REAL Soon!! Hahahah :) 

Also from Conference a note for Brandon *Cough Cough* Get Married!! *Cough Cough* hahahaha ;) Love ya buddy!! 

Allyson, thanks for making me feel old..... I mean I was so happy to know that I have 9 months left.. Until you ruined the morning and corrected me... I only have 8.... WHERE IS THE TIME GOING!?! GAH! 

Thanks everyone for the Birthday Wishes!! Its gonna be an Awesome day tomorrow!!! :) I Love you all so much!! I hope you all have a wonderful week!! 

Trying to Make you Proud,

Elder Connor Holt

Ps. Just heard Hotel California... :D


This was a funny sign!! I'll see if you guys can catch the joke!! :D


 Yeah, Elder Rich and I Lost the Game... *SHOOT* I just Lost the game (The first time in over a year...)

This was a funny Joke from my Companions last week, so we'll see what happens tomorrow... Kinda scared....


 Elder Rich and I were cooped up in this room all weekend watching conference in English!! All 5 sessions in the secretary office!!! 
I was watching conference at our Mamitas house!! Hahahaha Just kidding it was 2 minutes before it started!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment